Interviews and Articles
- Torpedos hit startups in central London – BOOM!
- HostelBookers reduce average hiring time from 90 to 30 days
- Hacking tech recruitment-a developers point of view
- How successful tech startups recruit their teams
- Not your average christmas works party….in pictures
- Sleeping bags and wetsuits for our christmas party!?
- London tech startups are insatiably hungry right now
- Avoid losing candidates through the hiring process and to counter offers – our tips
- Chatting about the journey to £18m cash exit with Eirik Pettersen, CTO at Moonfruit
- Chatting past, present and future growth with Samir Desai, CEO of Funding Circle
- Startups to watch. Step forward Causata
- Startups to watch. Step forward Stylist Pick.
- Startups to watch. Step forward Buyagift.
- Startups to watch. Step forward EDITD.
- Our 2 days at London NOAH…
- Startups to watch. Step forward Brandwatch.
Startups to watch. Step forward Buyagift.
“Our teams have scoured the British Isles in a concerted effort to save your feet from wandering the globe for an interesting gift.” - Buyagift, the UK’s leading gift experience company.
They sure have – the Buyagift team have uncovered over 4,500 gifts and amazing, once in a lifetime experiences.
I fancy the helicopter ride over London’s landmarks (I’ll just wait a bit for the airspace over the Olympic Park to be reopened as I’d love a bird’s eye view of that). Buyagift do have a VIP Olympic Village Tour by helicopter though. There are some very good deals on short breaks away too (husband has been told!)
The corporate arm of the company is ‘Buyagift Corporate’, which works with companies looking to reward staff and customers with incentive schemes, team building activities, corporate gifts and prizes such as long service awards.
The online purchasing function is very simple, as you would expect, but it’s the 'after sales' that stands out. Gift orders or vouchers are despatched the same working day if orders are placed before 3pm. Most vouchers have a 10 month validity. If a customer changes their mind about the experience, vouchers can be exchanged for free as many times as they like. And for any products found cheaper online within 14 days, 150% of the price difference will be refunded. Can’t argue with that.
From its humble beginnings in founder Dan Mountains parent’s house, Buyagift has grown into the UK’s leading gift experience company. 85 staff now work in the funky open plan office in New Barnet, London. They have also recently expanded into Europe with French operation, Coolcadeau.fr, in Paris and Zonaregalo.com in Spain. This is an ambitious company, growing every year, with UK sales of £20m last year.
We wish Dan Mountain, Carol Smith and the team continued success.